For your baking pleasure, we have developed a vegan crust recipe so you don’t have to miss out on all the eating fun! Made with a combination of our Blue bag flour, coconut oil, flax and vegan butter to give your crust the right amount of flavor, binding and structure to hold up to fillings and fruits. Carefully mold the ingredients together to form the size of crust you’d like and enjoy
- In a food processor fitted with a knife blade, add flour salt and sugar. Blend briefly to mix together. Add the vegan butter, coconut oil and pulse about 5-6 times. Add the vinegar and the flax meal, pulse 2 times to mix in. Slowly add the cold water, one tablespoon at a time until the dough sticks together- blending briefly between each addition, taking care not to overmix . You don’t want the dough to be too sticky or too powdery. Pinch a small amount of dough in your fingers and if it holds together, you are good! If not, add more water slowly.
- ALTERNATELY, you can do this all by hand, following basic pie making instructions of cutting in the fats and ingredients.
- Form into a disk, wrap with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When ready to use, set on the counter for 10 minutes before rolling out. Roll out between a piece of parchment paper and saran wrap into the desired size for the end product you are making.
- If making a pie, you will need to carefully invert into the pan. If the crust tears, gently press back together with your fingers.
- Bake in your desired recipe.
Elizabeth Bahnsen, RDN developed this recipe exclusively for RYZE. Elizabeth works within the food industry to create recipes for companies with outstanding ingredients. Visit her websites at www.yourfamilytable.org and www.rcpboulder.com for more information.
Image is copyrighted by Paul Perreault firstname.lastname@example.org