A classic pound cake that is easy to make, uses minimal ingredients, and has the perfect cake-like texture.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF(180°C). Lightly grease a 4-serving mini metal loaf pan or a regular sized loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add flour and salt and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared mini loaf pans, or larger loaf pan. Smooth the tops.
- For mini loafs, bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is set. For the larger loaf pan, bake for 65-70 minutes, or until the center sets.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 minuts in the pan. Finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, slice and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com. Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.