Crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle, exactly how a snickerdoodle should be. These Gluten-Free Snickerdoodles are simple to make and with only eight ingredients, they will be a new favorite in your household.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Position the oven rack in center of oven. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter, 1 cup sugar, egg, and vanilla until combined.
3. In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar and mix until combined.
4. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and beat until combined. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
5. Once dough is chilled and firm, shape dough into 1-inch balls.
6. Combine the remaining two tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon. Roll balls in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
7. Place two inches apart onto the cookie sheet. Using the bottom of a glass, gently flatten each cookie to about ½ inch thick.
8. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
9. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com
Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.