Pecan Sandies were inspired by Keeble cookies or, perhaps, it’s the other way around. One thing is for sure, these cookies will inspire you. They are a hit with everyone who tries them. Easy to make, they freeze well. The light shortbread texture makes for a delightful treat.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine RYZE flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda. Mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the shortening and the sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs, salt and vanilla and beat to combine. Add the flour mixture, about 1/3 at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in the pecans.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll the dough into walnut-size pieces (about 1 inch balls) and set on cookie sheets. Flatten each until it is about ¼ inch thick. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden. Cool and enjoy.
- These are even better the second day.