Sweet, full of flavor, and bursting with pecan-goodness, these gluten-free pecan cakes are sure to warm your heart and your stomach. Serve them warm with fresh cream for the ultimate pecan treat.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-serving cupcake pan (or use a silicone cupcake pan); set aside.
- For the cake: In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, coconut sugar, and baking powder. Add dairy-free milk, dairy-free butter, egg, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed just until combined; set aside.
- For the topping: Melt dairy-free butter in a small mixing bowl in the microwave or on low heat on the stove. Once melted, add coconut sugar and chopped pecans and mix until combined. Spoon the topping evenly between each cupcake well.
- Spoon cake batter carefully into the pan, trying not to disturb the topping.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool pan on a wire rack about 10 minutes. Loosen sides of each cake and invert onto a plate. Serve warm.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Re-heat before serving.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com
Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.