Palisade Peaches are in full harvest here in Colorado. Nothing is more summer like than a peach cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 9-inch round cake pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, diced peaches, brown sugar, and coconut oil until well combined. Add in the egg and yogurt and whisk until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient, folding together just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared pan.
- Top with thinly sliced peaches and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of brown sugar over the top. Dust lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake for 36-38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then remove from pan gently and transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.
- If desired, dust with powdered sugar, or serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com. Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.