- Preheat oven to 350ºF(180°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream dairy-free butter and sugar. Add in the egg and mix just until incorporated.
- Add dairy-free milk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips. You may need to use your hands to really work them in.
- Divide the dough into two balls. Place dough balls onto the parchment lined cookie sheet, gently press down on the tops of each dough ball and shape them into circles, about ¾ inch thick. Cut both circles into quarters, and pull them at least 1-inch apart. This will help with even baking.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes or until set. The centers should be firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com. Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.