A classic cookie with a crunchy outside and chewy center, these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are hard to resist.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Position the oven rack in center of oven. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugars, and vanilla until combined.
- Add egg and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and beat until the flour is incorporated.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful’s, two inches apart, onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through for even baking, until the cookies are light brown and slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes.
- Finish cooling on a wire rack. Store cookies in an airtight container.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com
Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.