These gorgeous biscuits will be out of the oven and on your table in the blink of an eye.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the knife blade, combine RYZE Blue Flour Blend, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix briefly. Sprinkle butter over the dry ingredients. Process until the mixture is coarsely blended. Tiny pieces of butter will be visible.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and milk and beat briefly with a fork. Pour over butter and flour mixture. Pulse until blended. Do not over-process.
- Turn onto a sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap and gently knead the dough, pressing it into a disc that’s about ¾ inch thick. Use a 2 ½ inch biscuit cutter to cut into biscuits. Set on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Gather the scraps of dough and press into another disc that is ¾ inch thick. Cut additional biscuits and repeat until all the dough is used.
- Brush the tops with milk. Bake 14 minutes or until slightly browned on top. Remove and cool 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with butter, honey, or jam.
Need some creative ideas to jazz up your biscuit to go with your entrée?
Cheese and Chili Biscuit- One small, diced fresh jalapeno (ribs and seeds removed) and 1/2 cup of your favorite shredded semi-hard cheese (cheddar for example). Top with a sprinkle of more cheese before baking.
Italian Biscuit-Add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese before baking and top with a little more shredded cheese.
Chive Biscuit-Simply add 2 Tablespoons of chopped chives when mixing up. Top with shredded or grated parmesan cheese.