Crisp and chewy with a bright lemon flavor, these cookies are easy to make and perfect for every celebration. Whether part of a picnic or packaged for gifting, they are sure to please.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the RYZE flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, sugars, and lemon zest until creamy.
- Add the lemon juice, vanilla and lemon extracts and egg. Beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Drop the cookies by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 1 ½ ” apart for large cookies or heaping teaspoons for small cookies. Flatten the balls slightly with a fork or the bottom of a glass. Sprinkle with granulated sugar, if desired.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes, until golden. If using powdered sugar, sprinkle it on the cookies after baking.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.