Serve this luscious Irish soda bread for breakfast, sandwich bread, snacks, and dessert. It is addicting! –without refined starch and gum!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter or oil an 8-inch round cake pan; set aside.
- Add the Ryze flour mix and buttermilk to the bowl of your stand mixer. Beat on low speed until combined.
- Add the water, cooled melted butter, eggs, and egg whites. Mix on low, just until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the baking powder, yeast, baking soda, salt, and if using, caraway seeds. Add this mixture to the mixing bowl. Beat on high speed just long enough to combine, about 1 minute.
- Using a rubber/silicone spatula, fold the dried fruit into the dough. Spread the dough evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, carve an X on the top of the dough, about 1/4-inch deep to allow steam to escape and the bread to rise.
- Bake for an additional 65 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 1 hour.
- Serve warm for dessert or snack bread. Allow to cool completely and then slice if you wish to use as sandwich bread or to toast. Slice all leftover bread and freeze in a resealable freezer bag.