This might just become your new favorite go-to bread. These chewy baguettes are full of flavor and texture thanks to a blend of RYZE Yellow flour and a few additional ingredients. The RYZE flour adds moisture, too, so the crumb is delicate and delicious. Cooled baguettes freeze well.
- Line a 3-channel baguette pan with strips of parchment paper. Each should be a little wider than the channel. Spray the parchment sheets with PAM spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax and hot water and set aside until mixture thickens.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl, if blending by hand), place Ryze flour, sorghum flour, almond flour, potato flakes, baking powder, and salt. Mix on low speed until well combined. Add the yeast and mix again until well combined.
- Combine oil, honey and eggs, and mix. Add egg mixture and milk to dry ingredients.
- Turn the mixer up to medium speed and beat for 4 minutes. The dough should be thick and smooth.
- Scoop an equal amount of the dough into each of the 3 baguette forms. Smooth the dough with the sides of the parchment paper.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in a warm, moist, draft-free spot to rise for 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the baguettes are rising, preheat oven to 375°F. When nearly doubled in size, brush the top of each with the beaten egg and sprinkle the top with sesame seeds, if using.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven until lightly browned. Cover baguettes with aluminum foil or parchment paper after about 20 minutes if the tops are browning too quickly.
- Remove to a cooling rack and cool completely before slicing. Or pull apart pieces of warm bread, dip in olive oil and enjoy.