Perfectly spicy, and not too sweet, these Gluten-Free Gingersnaps can be enjoyed for dessert or an afternoon tea. They are bursting with flavor and are perfectly crunchy which makes them a good cookie for dunking
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Position the oven rack in center of oven. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar, egg and molasses.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the wet mixture until combined.
- Roll the dough into teaspoon-size balls. Dip one side of the dough balls into sugar and place sugar side up onto the cookie sheet two inches apart.
- Bake for 12–14 minutes (one pan at a time) or until lightly brown and starting to crack.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the parchment paper with cookies to a wire rack and cool. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com
Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.