There is no resisting these treats no matter how perfectly or imperfectly they are rolled. The rich, buttery flavor has just the right amount of sweetness to make them the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee or tea. But don’t stop there. People are known to grab handfuls of these pastries for nibbling on-the-go.
- In a small bowl, combine flax meal and water. Let sit 10 minutes until it thickens and forms a gel. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine RYZE blend and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla. Add the flax gel (or chia gel) and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Mix in flour mixture until the dough comes together. Separate dough into three parts, forming each into a disc. Set a piece of dough on a sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Cover with plastic wrap and roll to a circle of about 7 inches in diameter. Remove the top sheet of plastic and cut the circle into 8 equal wedges. If the dough is too soft to handle, chill for 15 minutes before proceeding.
- Heat the preserves in the microwave for about 20 seconds to soften. Let cool slightly. Combine the remaining filling ingredients.
- Brush the dough with preserves. Place a teaspoon of filling over each wedge and roll up, starting at the widest end, securing the edge underneath. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Freeze the snails for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove dough from freezer.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheets, brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack and cool before removing.
- These can be frozen.