Warm irresistible donuts that are not only gluten-free, they’re dairy-free as well. These donuts are ready in less than twenty minutes, and will melt in your mouth. Looking for an extra special treat? Top them with your favorite dairy-free vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease one six-serving donut pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla, vegetable oil, dairy-free milk and vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan – filling each donut well about 2/3 full. The batter should not cover the center of the donut well where the hole will go.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the donuts rise and set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place a wire rack over a cookie sheet or piece of parchment paper.
- Carefully remove the donut from the pan. You may need to use a spoon or a rubber spatula to loosen them if they stick.
- For the coating: In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. One at a time, dip the tops of your donuts into the coating, then flip them to coat the bottoms.
- Place your cinnamon sugar donut on the rack and repeat until all donuts have been coated.
- Store donuts in an airtight container at room temperate for up to three days.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com
Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.