These biscotti can be made with pistachios, hazelnuts, chocolate chips, or coarsely dried cranberries. All are equally tasty. When cutting these, you’ll notice that they hold together beautifully thanks to the RYZE Blue Flour Blend, a feat that is often difficult to achieve with gluten-free ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together RYZE, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until blended. Add the dry ingredients and beat to incorporate. Fold in the nuts. Knead mixture with your hands until smooth and nuts are well incorporated.
- On prepared baking sheet, form the mixture into a log that is about 16 inches long and about 5 inches wide.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool for 10 minutes. Maintain the oven temperature.
- When cool enough to touch, gently transfer the log to a cutting board. Cut into about 20 slices of even thickness (about ¾ inch each). Turn the biscotti on their sides on the baking sheet and bake 20 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container for several days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.