Perfect with coffee or tea, this Gluten-Free Chai Coffee Cake is sweet and spicy and perfect for any occasion. The rich buttery cake topped with a chai spiced crumbly topping will have you licking your fork.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8×8 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the ingredients for the crumb topping with a fork; set aside.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and all spice.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing in between each egg.
- Alternate adding in the flour and buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Pour the batter into the pan and then crumble the crumb topping over the batter.
- Bake for 45 – 48 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Allow the cake to cool before serving.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to three days.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com
Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.