A fluffy and light gluten free dinner rolls recipe without gum and refined starch. Chia seeds add additional nutrition and to replace the gum. The honey glaze provides just enough sweetness to make them enjoyable with savory meals. Serve them for breakfast or dinner.
- Oil 12-cup and 6-cup non-stick muffin pans; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds with 3 tablespoons water; set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using your mixer or by hand, add 1-1/2 cups warm water, honey, yeast, oil, eggs, and chia mixture. Whisk them together; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Ryze and sorghum flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat on medium speed using your stand mixer or rubber/silicone spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Distribute evenly among the 16 muffin cups, about halfway full. Smooth out the tops using a rubber/silicone spatula. Allow the dough to rise for 40 minutes or until it reaches the rim of the pan.
- After 25 minutes of rising, preheat the oven to 375⁰F.
- Before baking, make the egg wash by whisking together the egg, honey, and water. Slowly pour in the melted butter while continuously whisking. Gently baste on top of the fully risen rolls.
- Bake on the center rack of your oven for 20 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted and removed comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to rest in the pan for 5 – 10 minutes. (Resting in the pan allows the edges to steam/soften.) Serve warm with butter, honey, or jam.
- Freeze unused rolls in freezer bags.