Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins that are simple to make and bursting with sweet blueberries. Double the batch and freeze them for quick a reheat-able breakfast.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a muffin tin with papers; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the dairy-free butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and lemon zest and mix until combine.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add to the wet mixture, alternately with the dairy-free milk.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill each paper liner about 2/3rds full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in a container for up to 4 days at room temperature.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com. Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.