A picture can say a 1000 words, but this one screams delicious.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9-inch square pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and 6 tablespoons butter with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs, and beat till well combined. Add dry mixture and buttermilk to sugar mixture and stir just till fully incorporated.
- Spoon half of the batter into your prepared baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with blackberries. Spoon remaining batter over the top.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine your remaining 1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons of butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Topping will be soft. With your fingers, sprinkle your topping evenly over the top of your cake.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com. Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.