Tender gluten-free banana cupcakes topped with a rich Nutella (R) buttercream frosting make these cupcakes a hit with anyone who loves bananas or chocolate.
- For the cupcakes – Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, mashed banana, and buttermilk and continue to beat until combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just till combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the liners, filling 2/3 full (about 1/4 cup of batter per cupcake).
- Bake for 23-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- Frost when cupcakes are completely cooled.
- For the frosting-In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter, Nutella, and powdered sugar on medium speed until combined and creamy.
- Makes 12-15 cupcakes.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com. Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.