Everyone needs an easy gluten- free banana bread in his or her repertoire. Delicious and versatile, this will become your go-to quick bread. You can keep it simple or dress this up by adding toasted coarsely chopped pecans, chocolate chips, or coconut. For the best flavor, use very ripe bananas, the kind you’d be tempted to throw away. If yours are not overly ripe, add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of banana extract to perk up the flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the RYZE Yellow flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the knife blade, place the two sugars and the butter. Pulse until the mixture is crumbly, about 30 seconds. Add the bananas and vanilla, and pulse to combine. Add the eggs. Pulse until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and pulse for about 30 seconds, or until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan. Set in the middle of the preheated oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes away with just a few moist crumbs. Remove from the oven, allow to set in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Wrapped in plastic wrap, this freezes well and will keep for 3 to 6 months.