- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a cupcake pan with 10 – 12 paper liners; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg, coconut sugar, oil, yogurt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir until combined. Fold in shredded carrot and apple.
- Scoop batter (about 1/4 cup) into your paper liners.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This recipe was developed by Chrystal Carver from Gluten Free Palate. Chrystal website features a collection of recipes, reviews, cookbooks and travel advice for the gluten free. Website can be found here: www.glutenfreepalate.com. Photo credit also goes to Chrystal Carver.