Almond and cranberry provide a refreshing complement to this light and airy muffin. For best results, have all ingredients at room temperature before making.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Combine RYZE Yellow Flour Blend, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift into a bowl.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Add melted butter to egg mixture and whisk again. Stir dry mixture into wet mixture until almost all combined. Add almonds and dried cranberries and mix until just combined. Do not over mix batter.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Top with a few additional almonds if desired. Bake in the middle of the oven until muffins are golden 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in muffin tin for 10 minutes and then remove from tin and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Baker’s Note: Muffins are best eaten same day but they can be cooled completely, stored in a Ziploc bag at room temperature and eaten the next day. Muffins can also be individually wrapped in plastic wrap, stored in a Ziploc bag and frozen for up to three weeks. Unwrap, microwave and serve warm.