Serve these pancakes hot with real maple syrup or blueberry compote—or enjoy them plain.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup measure the buttermilk, egg and oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a wire whisk. Add the water to thin out the batter.
- Let rest on the counter for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a pan (non-stick or buttered heavy cast iron skillet) to medium. Stir the batter gently to release some of the air bubbles and add a quarter cup to the pan. With the back of a spoon, spread the mixture out so it’s evenly spread- into about a 5 to 6 inch size pancake.
- After the top starts to bubble up, flip the pancake and finish cooking until both sides are golden brown and cooked through.
Elizabeth Bahnsen, RDN developed this recipe exclusively for RYZE. Elizabeth works within the food industry to create recipes for companies with outstanding ingredients. Visit her websites at www.yourfamilytable.org and www.rcpboulder.com for more information.